Don't Live with it, Get rid of it
Most people will encounter at least one skin lesion throughout their life, sometimes they are hardly noticeable and other times their in areas we cant stand!
Although skin lesions are very common, not everyone welcomes them with open arms. They can be found almost anywhere on the body, at any moment on time and most have no reason on why they appear in the first place but what we do know is that they can have a huge knock on effect to our confidence.
Well, if your skin lesion is bugging you then It’s time to think about finally getting rid of it! Advance Electrolysis is a very safe and quick treatment that remove most skin lesions within in one appointment.
You will ONLY need to a receive a consultation and patch test 4 weeks prior to treatment if you have more then two skin blemishes, If you have two or less skin blemishes then the patch test would be the treatment and therefore the consultation would be carried out the same day as your treatment.
During our consultation I will examine and patch test (if needed) the area and record your results and medical history with notes and digital pictures, we will discuss pre and post aftercare guidance required and how the process actually works, I will also give you time to ask me as many questions as you like.
15 – 30 minutes – £50 – (This fee is completely reimbursed when taking your first advanced electrolysis payment, if you are medical unfit to continue with treatment then you will receive 50% of your consultation fee back)
The price will depend on the skin blemish and how many you have to remove.
-Consultation (if needed) £50, due to the removal of one skin lesion for patch testing.
-Thread Veins and Milias are £35 per lesion or £80 for 15 minutes of removing as many as we can within that time frame.
-Skin Tags, Seborrheic Keratosis, Dermatosa Papulosa Nigra, Blood Spots, Warts, Verrucas, Age Spots are £50 per skin lesion or £115 for 15 minutes of removing as many as we can with in that time frame.
-Xanthelasma Palpebrarum is £130 for the whole eyes area.
-Moles are £150 per mole or £250 for two or £300 for three.
The majority of us have some moles and, generally, they are benign. They are a form of pigmented naevi that are commonly found on the face and body, varying in size and colour from pale tan to brown to blue/black and often developing deep terminal hairs in them because of a well-developed blood supply.
WILL NEED A DOCTORS NOTE – To Confirm The Mole Is Safe To Remove .
1 Mole – 10 minutes – £150
Milia (or milium) are tiny white bumps near the surface of your skin. They are very common on babies (they are sometimes known as milk spots or oil seeds) but anyone can get them at any time of life. You can find them anywhere on the body, but they often cluster around the eyes, nose, cheeks and forehead.
One Milia – 5 minutes – £35
15 minute appointment – 15 minutes – £80
Warts are small, rough, viral growths on the skin. They are very common and are usually spread by direct skin-to-skin contact or indirectly through shared contact with contaminated surfaces. Warts do not usually cause any other symptoms in people with normally functioning immune systems and usually resolve without treatment, although this can take months or years.
One Wart – 5 minutes – £80
15 minutes – £115
Verrucae, also known as plantar warts, can be extremely painful. They can range from a small pinhead up to a large singular or widespread mosaic coverings and often contain black dots. Verrucae can disappear spontaneously or they can last for years.
One Verruca 5 minutes – £80
<br> One to 12 -<b> 15 minutes </b> – £
Skin tags are benign, innocuous growths which vary in size, shape and attachment. They are often found in areas where there is friction, such as where the skin creases or clothes rub. Skin tags (technically known as fibro-vascular papilloma) are increasingly common as we age and affect almost half of the population. While they are benign and do not pose any direct risk to your health.
One Skin Tag – 5 minutes – £50
15 Minute Appointment – £115
Small Blood spots – Cherry Angioma are small blood spots that are benign vascular blemishes. They can vary in size from small pin dots to as large as a penny; and in colour from bright red to darker tones. Cherry angioma are not painful, but may bleed when scratched.
Large blood spots on the body, head and scalp are often known as Campbell de Morgan. While they may be distressing to live with, they are a completely harmless vascular blemish that can easily be removed with diathermy.
One Blood Spot – 5 minutes – £50
15 minutes Appointment – £115
Dermatosa Papulosa Nigra are small brown or black raised areas of skin that affect one third of people with Fitzpatrick skin types 5 and 6. In many cases, Dermatosa Papulosa Nigra is a genetic condition that appears on the face, upper cheeks and temples, eyes and chest and increases with age. While Dermatosa Papulosa Nigra does not pose a threat to your health.
One Verruca – 5 minutes – £50.00
15 minute Appointment – £115.00
Seborrhoeic keratosis is a benign, asymptomatic mass, primarily caused by the ageing process. It is also known as seborrhoeic warts, senile warts, barnacles or basal cell papilloma. They have a thick wart-like surface and are usually colourless when they appear and become brown to black over time.
One Seborrheic Keratosis – 5 minutes – £50
15 minute appointment – 15 minutes – £115
Pigmentation means coloring. Skin pigmentation disorders affect the color of your skin. Your skin gets its color from a pigment called melanin. Special cells in the skin make melanin. When these cells become damaged or unhealthy, it affects melanin production.
One Pigmentation patch – 5 minutes – £50
15 minute appointment – 15 minutes – £115
Xanthelasma palpebrarum are blemishes caused by deposits of cholesterol under the surface of the skin. They range in size from very small up to 1″ in diameter and are normally found on the eyelids.
Both Eye Area’s included – 5 – 10 minutes – £100
Telangiectasia, are the red little veins that sit very superficial on your skin. They are common in exposed and vulnerable areas such as the nose, chin and cheeks. These can be caused by trauma to the skin. Advanced Electrolysis aims to restore the previous appearance of the skin within 1-4 treatments spaced one month apart. This treatment will only work for facial thread veins due to the gravity.
Full Face – 5/10 minutes – £35
If you are unsure what the skin lesion is then I recommend sending a clear picture to me before making an appointment. This will allow me to view the lesion and ensure it is something that I can actually treat with out a doctors note.
However, I can not always be sure myself what skin lesion it is from a picture and might ask you to visit me in person or go straight to your G.P to get a referral letter.
Most skin lesions are removable.
Don't live with it, get rid of it!
Advanced Electrolysis is a treatment that uses a Thermolysis current (heat) and a very fine needle to either cauterise or lift away the superficial epidermis (skin), depending on the type of blemish that is being treated.
Patch Testing Requirement’s
If you have more then 2 skin blemishes then I will require you to have a patch test at least 4 weeks before your treatment. This will involve a detailed skin analysis, a in-depth medical report and a patch testing on 1 – 2 skin blemishes. 4 weeks later we can analyse your skin and see if your suitable to have this advanced treatment done.
Your patch test must have been completed within the previous year or we will need to repeat it. If you have had a Advanced electrolysis treatment within the last year then we will not need to repeat a patch test as the treatment will have been in contact with your skin and will be sufficient at monitoring for a reaction.
If you have any changes in your medical condition, started new treatments or are pregnant then we will need to repeat a patch test or stop treatment regardless of the time since your last treatment. This is because your body changes and could react/heal differently.
– Certain health problems and medication will prevent or restrict the treatment. If you are suffering with something that isn’t on this heath requirement list including any medication then please check with your G.P before making an appointment and be sure to receive a doctors note if you would like to move forward.
You need to be 18 or over to have this treatment.
If you are or have become pregnant before or during treatments we must immediately stop.
- If you are breast feeding.
- If you are receiving or have received gold treatment.
- If you have lupus.
- If you have type 1 diabetes.
- If you have taking medication which is known to increase sensitivity to sunlight.
- If you are known to have a history of healing problems or a history of keloid formation.
- If you have a history of skin cancer or suspicious lesions.
- If you are on medications that alter the wound-healing response may interfere with post-treatment healing and may require special precautions to be taken.
- Anticoagulants may cause excessive bleeding and interfere with post-treatment healing.
- If you have HIV.
- If you are on any blood thinning medication.
Epilepsy. (will need a doctors note)
Transplant Anti-Rejection Drugs. (will need a doctors note)
Thyroid Disease. (will need a doctors note)
Has Cochlear implant or Dermographia.
Heart Disease. (will need a doctors note)
Hypertension – high blood pressure treated with medication. (will need a doctors note)
Cancer – after 12 months (will need a doctors note)
Viruses such as the flu, colds, cold sores, warts.
Bacterial infections such as impetigo.
Fungal infections such as ringworm, blepharitis.
If you have severe eczema, psoriasis or dermatitis, open wounds/cuts or abrasions. (Some of these are able to be worked around)
If you have used sunbeds or been in direct sunlight with in the last 48 hours or you are sunburnt.
If you have had any waxing on the area with in 1 – 2 weeks of your appointment.
If you have had chemical peels, micro-dermabrasion or any resurfacing treatments with in 3 months of your appointment.
If you have been using Retain A, Renova with in the last 3 months or have had Isotretinoin (Accutane) or any prescription skin products with in the past 6 months.
If you have had a light based treatments like Laser or IPL with in the last 6 weeks to the area being treated.
If you have had botox or other injectable procedures with in the past week to the area being treated.
The use of Retin-A or other retinol products with in the last 48 hours to the area being treated.
Recent operations or scar tissue. (can be worked around)
Highley sensitized / irritated skin or compromised skin barriers.
Certain allergies (this can be worked around)
Have you ever experienced claustrophobia (this can be worked around)
Have a history of fainting. (this can be worked around)
Anything that can be worked around must be mentioned during the making of your appointment. If you are at all unsure of anything then please check with your G.P before making an appointment.
- If you have a history of herpes or cold sores you may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment if treating in the area that breakouts occur.
- No sun-tanning for 48 hours prior to treatment Includes sun beds exposure.
Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (waxing, depilatories, etc.)
- Eat a sugary snack 30 minutes before and be sure to have drunken plenty of water.
- Apply numbing cream. (optional)
- Wear baggy clothes for easy on and off removal.
Notify me if you have any changes to your health history or medications since your last appointment.
After Care – broken up in to sections
Application of aftercare
- Step One: Apply THIN layers of Aloe Vera Gel for 2-3 weeks at least 3 times a day with clean hands untill any scabbing has healed.
- Step Two: Apply Bio Oil for for the next 3 weeks at least 3 times a day or up until your post inflammatory pigmentation mark has reduced to a reduction you’re happy with.
- Breathable sterile dressings can be apply to protect the area at work or doing active activities to avoid dirt, sweat and other types of debris and to also prevent scabs from getting court and pulled off. Be sure to change your dressing regularly with clean sterile hands and ensure the area has also had time each day with out the dressing on to breath. It’s very important the area breaths, dressing our only to be used if needed.
Things to Avoid
- Avoid steam rooms, saunas, chlorine pools and intensive exercise for one week +.
- Under no circumstances should you “pick” at skin lesions or scabs. These should be allowed to heal and flake away naturally. (This will prevent scaring)
- Avoid exposing the treated area from strong sunlight for 30 days or to use a sun protective cream (at least SP30) (This prevents over treating the skin’s natural melanin)
Try to keep the area clean and dry but avoid very hot baths and showers. Use warm water and pat dry – do not rub with towel.
If slight discoloured (honey coloured) oozing of the treated area then I recommend applying antiseptic cream. If after 2-3 days there is still honey coloured pus then you must visit your G.P for antibiotic treatment.
- If you become pregnant or change medication you must immediately tell me before continuing with new treatments.
- A nice warm welcome and a full consultation form to be filled out followed by a patch test (if required).
- To return back in 4 – 6 weeks for a skin examination and hopefully your first treatment.
A clean and sanitises shop with fully sanitise hands, machinery and instruments. For me to wear a mask, apron and single use medical grade disposable gloves when needed to.
personal privacy to get undressed and dressed if needed to.
To get you comfortably on the cosmetic bed or chair to start our treatment.
Photos of your before and after skin lesion.
A quick cleanse using antibacterial wipes.
To proceed with the treatment allowing time to stop and start and to continue on your pace, 15 minute appointments time will keep running through breaks.
Regular check in’s by me to see how your sensitivity and comfortability is doing and a stress ball to be available to use during the process.
- During the treatment you will feel slight heat against your skin.
- Your skin will possible swell, itch and have some pin point bleeding.
- After the treatment is done a full application of Aloe Vera gel will be applied followed by a breathable sterile dressing if needed.
- Once we have finished we can move to reception area and discuss aftercare, payment and your follow up appointment – if needed.
In 3 weeks you will receive a text message to see how your skin is getting on.
- After your treatment your skin will feel sensitive to touch. This will last for around 1 – 7 days.
- Your skin could possible bruise and blister.
- Your skin will start scabbing and feeling itchy for around 1 – 14 days.
- After around 14 – 21 days your skin will start to heal and appear possible red or pink, this will fade down to white then back to skin colour with in 1 – 9 months.
- Apply numbing creams before your treatment to reduce the discomfort, especially when booking 15 minutes. My favourite numbing cream is T.K.T.X – Gold 40%.
- Eat something sugary snack like a chocolate bar before and after your appointment.
- A cold compress will help reduce any swelling and take the “sting” out of the treated area.
- Drink plenty of water, this will help the body with healing.
- Start to rub the aftercare creams in with pressure, this will help break down the ink. (only when the skin has stop scabbing)
- Keep the area really dry, the dryer it is the quicker it will scab and start the healing process.
- Always plan your remove day around your lifestyle, if your a active person get your gym/work stuff down before your appointment or clients that want to relax after their treatment then plan for a weekend or a time frame when you no your off etc..
Most frequent questions and answers
Skin growths are a benign condition that consists of a lump of tissue projecting out from surrounding skin. It’s unclear exactly what causes most skin growths.
The sensation will always very from individual and treatment area.
Advanced Electrolysis can be a uncomfortable treatment. It involves using a lot of heat but the treatment is usually done very quickly however if you have booked in for multiple skin blemishes too be removed with in 15 minutes then the sensation might get a bit much, I recommend applying numbing creams (TKTX) is my favourite.
I myself have had this treatment done as well and didn’t used numbing cream however If you know your not great at tolerating certain things then I would highly recommended applying numbing cream.
Moles and skin can look similar but they’re actually quite different.
Moles are usually more tougher then skin tags, skin tags normally hang and feel very rubbery.
If your ever unsure then send a picture of your skin tag or mole and if I am ever unsure then I will get you to go see your G.P and check.
Both can be removed but moles have to be check by a Doctor first to make sure it’s not cancerous.
This will depend on the skin blemish, most are removed with in your first appointment however some like thread veins or even moles depending on the size will need 2 – 4 treatments.
After the skin blemish is fully removed it will not grow back, any new skin blemishes are new skin blemishes and have no connection to your removed one and you might need on going treatment to treat future growths that might grow.
Yes, in fact a lot of skin blemishes tend to grow in crease like areas such a inmate areas, underarms and thighs.
When removing any skin blemish in intimate or personal areas, a towel and paper pants are supplied.
This is called a post inflammatory pigmentation mark which is discoloration of the skin that remains after a wound heals. It is the skin’s natural response to inflammation.
This will completely go with in time, everyone heals at different rates but usually this mark will fade down with in 3 to 9 months.
Unfortunately as we age our genetic body’s start to become slower making us more prone to skin concerns let alone skin lesions. There isn’t enough evidence to show why we get most skin lesions however it is perfectly normal to start experiencing a sudden growth of some or many as you age.
One to one personal care – free car parking available – card or cash
© Copyright 2020 Georgia Rose – Advanced Skin, Laser & Beauty – All Rights Reserved – https://www.georgia-rose-beauty.co.uk/privacy-policy/ – https://www.georgia-rose-beauty.co.uk/website-disclaimer/ – https://www.georgia-rose-beauty.co.uk/terms-conditions/