The pro power peel
I think we all know that good skin comes from consistency and time but a lot of us don’t have that patience and are looking for that magic ticket that can fast track their skin results every time they use it!
Introducing the Pro Power Peel, Dermalogica’s advance chemical peel performed only by professionally trained skin therapists like myself.
This Treatment uses unique system of three different acids for a deep exfoliation personalised to your skin concerns!
Say good bye to acne, pigmentation and tired skin a lot quicker while restoring that beautiful youthful glow. Great for fine lines and wrinkles to!!
A chemical peel is the perfect treatment to push your skin results in a safe and controlled way.
Chemical Peel menu
boost your cell turnover
Generally a chemical peel works by braking down the skin cells and slowly dissolving them. This will encourage new and healthier skin cells to form and give the skin a brighter and smoother appearance.
But your results all depends of the type of peel you have and the concentration of the peeling agent. There are 3 types of peel treatments – superficial peels, medical grade peels and home care peels.
Superficial Peels will work your stratum corneum and the rest of your epidermis. This will remove the dead skin cells and allow the skin to go in to it’s natural cell turnover process faster, this will give the skin a natural glow and help with your skin concerns depending on the acid used with in the peel. The treatment will last approximately 30 minutes with mild discomfort, the skin will look pinkie immediately after with possible peeling to come, it will take approximately 1-2 days before seeing desired results. You can have this treatment done once a month, performed by a skin therapist who is specially trained. The acids used (AHAs) & (BHAs).
Medical Grade Peel’s will work the top layers of your dermis, this is lot deeper then your superficial peel. A medical grade peel normally works by trying to wound the skin, this method helps the body regenerate collagen and restore the skin barrier. This treatment will last approximately 30 minutes with medium-high discomfort, the skin will look and feel sore, irritated and very red. You will require a lot of down time and will see the skin peeling. You can have this treatment done every 3 months, performed by a dermatologist or doctor ONLY. The acids used are (AHAs), (BHAs) & (TCA).
Home Care Peels, These type’s of home kit’s will not contain the same concentration and will not provide the same result’s as a professional peel treatment but are great top up treatment’s for client’s to use in-between their professional treatment’s as a little boost or to used as a preferred home care exfoliator product. The acids used are (AHAs), (BHAs) & (PHAs).
There are two main group’s of acid’s that I use with in a chemical peel treatment, Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) & Beta Hydroxy Acids (BHAs).
Alpha Hydroxy Acids are water-soluble, the most common or well-known acid’s in this group are the glycolic and lactic acid’s. The glycolic acid has smaller molecule’s which can penetrate the skin deeper, making this acid great for client’s with age related concern’s that lay deeper in the skin like fine lines and wrinkles or even pigmentation. Lactic Acid is known for bighting the skin and is also very hydrating. Both acid’s will help reduce sighs of aging, even skin tones, improve surface scars and give a brighter complexion.
Beta Hydroxy Acids are oil-soluble, the most common or well know is salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is primarily used for acne/breakout prone skin because the acid goes deep into your hair follicles and dries out excess oils and dead skin cells to unclog your pores and because of these effects, BHAs are most suitable for combination to oily skin or anyone suffering with congestion/post-inflammatory
(AHAs) and (BHAs) share similar benefits. You can obtain some level of exfoliation from each one. However, each ingredient can be used to achieve different skin care goals. If you’re looking for anti-aging treatment, then (AHAs) may be the best fit and (BHAs) may better suited if you want to calm down inflammation and get rid of acne.
There is also two other groups of acids called (PHAs) & (TCA)
-Poly hydroxy acids are not really talked about much however are great for clients who have sensitive skin or who can not tolerate (AHAs) or (BHAs), they are also great for client’s who are suffer with rosacea and want to exfoliate their skin. This is because the molecules in (PHAs) are much smaller and can not penetrate as deep as (AHAs) or (BHAs) making them more tolerable and a better alternative for sensitive skin.
-Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) is used with in medical grade peel treatments and work your dermis layers by normally wounding the skin and causing it to completely regenerate. This can be very good for deep pigmentation or age related concerns like fine lines and wrinkles but will cause a lot of trauma to the skin and require a lot of down time making (TCA) not suitable for a lot of client’s.
Patch Testing Requirement’s
I will require you to have had a patch test at least 48 hours before your treatment. This will involve applying all 3 acids as well as pre and post prep solutions onto your skin (normally be hide the ear) and seeing if any kind of reaction occur over the next 48 hours. Any kind of reaction must be shared with me including serve redness, itchiness, a rash, swelling or bruising (or any other symptoms you may feel could is linked).
Your patch test must have been completed within the previous 6 months or we will need to repeat it. If you have had a chemical peel treatment within the last 6 months by me then we will not need to repeat a patch test as the acid products will have been in contact with your skin and will be sufficient at monitoring for a reaction.
- If you have any changes in your medical condition or have started new treatments we will need to repeat a patch test regardless of the time since your last chemical peel treatment. This is because your body changes and could react to the product..
Certain health problems and medication will prevent or restrict the treatment. If you are suffering with something that isn’t on this heath requirement list including any medication then please check with your G.P before making an appointment.
You need to be 18 or over to have this treatment.
If you are of have become pregnant or are still lactating.
Viruses such as the flu, colds, cold sores, warts.
Bacterial infections such as impetigo, boils, conjunctivitis, sties.
Fungal infections such as ringworm, blepharitis.
If you have severe eczema, psoriasis or dermatitis, open wounds/cuts or abrasions. (Some of these are able to be worked around)
If you have used sunbeds or been in direct sunlight with in the last 24 hours or you are sunburnt.
If you have had any facial waxing with the last 72 hours
If you have had chemical peels, micro-dermabrasion or any resurfacing treatments with in the last 2 weeks. (depending on the chemical peel)
If you have been using Retain A, Renova with in the last 3 months. Or have had Isotretinoin (Accutane) or any prescription skin products with in the past 6 months.
If you have had a light based treatments like Laser or IPL etc.. with in the last 6 weeks
If you have had Botox or other injectable procedures with in the past week.
- The use of Retin-A or other retinol products with in the last 48 hours
Recent operations or scar tissue.
Moles, Skin Tags (this can be worked around)
Highley sensitized / irritated skin or compromised skin barrier.
If you wear contact lenses (this can be worked around)
Certain allergies (this can be worked around)
Have you ever experienced claustrophobia (this can be worked around)
Have a history of fainting. (this can be worked around)
Anything that can be worked around must be mentioned during the making of your appointment. If you are at all unsure of anything then please check with your G.P before making an appointment.
- A nice warm welcome and a consultation and patch test to be performed 48 hours before treatment.
- A friendly discussion to talk about the treatment, what acids to use and if there are any health issues that I need to be made aware of.
- A clean and sanitises shop with fully sanitise hands, machinery and instruments. For me to wear a mask, apron and single use medical grade disposable gloves when needed to.
- Extra time for you to get undressed and dressed in private, if needed to.
- A relaxing atmosphere, dimmed lights and heaters with appropriate music.
- To then get you comfortably on the beauty bed, ready to start our treatment.
- A full double cleanse, chemical application followed by the neutralizer solution, serums, moisturiser and SPF’s.
- During the chemical application you might experience slight warmth, irritation and itchiness. After the treatment your skin might look pink or slightly red and could be sensitive to touch, product or heat.
- Regular check in’s by me to see how your sensitivity and comfortability is doing.
- A log of your skin’s activity for us to track your skin’s progress. (optional email of this information)
- Free sample sachets to take home.
- Once we have finished we can move to reception area and discuss aftercare, payment and your follow up appointment – if you wish to re-book.
- A text message or phone call 3 days and a week later to see how your skin is getting on.
- Some clients might experience tight skin the following day and possible peeling with in the 1-3 days. This will go down with in a 7-10 and your skin will start to look fresh and regenerated.
- Don’t not use Retin-A or other retinol products 48 hours prior to your treatment.
- Do not do any deep exfoliating for 72 hours prior to your treatment.
- Do not sunbathe or spend long periods of time with your face exposed to sunlight or sunbeds for 24 hours prior to your treatment.
- Do not turn up to your appointment with make up on.
- Please have hair tied back and out of face area. Try to avoid placing a bum or ponytail at the back of your head due to that being the area your head rests on the pillow and that can be comfortable, I recommend placing your bun or ponytail on the top of your head. I also supple clips and headbands.
- Wear a old top you don’t mind getting product on to your appointment. Make sure the top gives access to your full neck and chest area.
- Remove contact lenses.
- Avoid doing your skin care that morning if your treatment is in the morning.
- Be sure to have a nourishing moisturiser and a SPF for after your treatment. (The samples sachets you receive will only last 3 days and you will need to continue protecting the skin)
- Dermalogica sample products will be giving to you to take home and use for 2-3 days. (includes a cleanser, serum & moisturiser which are all from the UltraCalming range)
- Apply sunscreen protection (minimum SPF30) daily and avoid direct sun for 2-3 weeks.
- Do not wax or use any type of exfoliating products for 72 hours,
or until your skin shows no signs of sensitivity on the treated area.
- Do not pick or peel at scabs, blisters or loose skin, as scarring may
occur. Also avoid generally touching your face due to bacteria.
- Avoid excessive heat sources (such as sun exposure or dry saunas
and steam rooms).
- Avoid strenuous exercise or any activity that could lead to increased blood circulation to the face for 24 hours. (This can
cause an increased warming effect, which could result in discomfort, redness, inflammation, swelling or other side effects).
- Drink plentily of water and avoid smoking for 24-48 hours.
- Avoid wearing making for 24 to 48 hours.
- Book your next peel treatment for one month or 3 weeks depending of your skin concerns.
- A log of your skin’s activity for us to track your skin’s progress. (optional email of this information)
- Samples to take home with and use for the next 3 days.
- If it’s your first peel treatment then I will text or phone to check up on you and your skin and see how the treatment went.
- Genuine Dermalogica products with real acids applied by me a specially trained skin therapist.
- The couch is a 4 motion electric motor which can be lowered to the ground for clients that struggle to hop on and off the couch and is also very comfortable to be lead on for long periods of time.
- Plan your peels around your life and lifestyle. For example, Client’s who do not wish to go with out make up, I recommend planning a peel then you know you have the next 1-2 days off work etc.. Or for those of you who are very active, try and plan your sports or exercising before your peel.
- If you have never had a chemical peel before, or you are new to exfoliating or you are unsure how your skin will react to acids then I recommended starting with a Dermalogica facial but asked me for the A35 or just mention you are looking in to chemical peels. The A35 is the highest chemical exfoliator that’s on the facial trolley, this isn’t as intense as the chemical peel treatment but by exposing your skin to acids you are prepping the skin for a chemical peel and you can see how your skin reacts before jumping straight in.
Want another alternative
Welcome to the future of skin, IPL is the next step up for achieving great results but faster!
Most frequent questions and answers
After having a course of 3-6 treatments I would then recommend coming every 3 months or so to maintain results.
Can you just have the one treatment? of course and many of my client’s do just have the one every so often however each time you get a peel you are changing your skins build so the effects after having multiple in a row really benefit and exceed the results.
It’s important to introduce the chemicals to the skin with one layer before introducing it to multiple layers. This is to ensure the safety of your skin and seeing how it reacts post treatment.
During your second chemical peel we can go up to 3 layers. (Cost £50)
During your third chemical peel we can go up to 6 layers. (4 or more layers will cost £75)
Important: The aim is to provide a safe chemical treatment, not to apply as many layers as we can. Each skin is different and will tolerate the chemical at different levels. The amount of layers you have is completely down to me and how I think your skin is acting on that day regardless if you have had more layers applied in a past treatments.
Everyone’s skin is completely different and will experience different levels of sensations.
Most often client’s will feel nothing or a slight warm when applying their first layer.
During client’s second layer they might experience the same or feel more heat and maybe a mild itchiness or irritation sensation.
With in a client’s third layer they will normally feel heat, itchiness and slight irritation and this sensation will normally continue at the same level if not more heightened the more layers you have applied.
(all of this is perfectly normal and expected, as a specially trained skin therapist in chemical peels I know what to look out for and when is best stop or continue.)
Will the sensation get better after having more peel treatment’s? Your skin will definitely react better towards the chemicals in comparison to your first ever peel but the sensation will probably not change much however client’s over time are able to increase the amount of layers they have.
This can happen with superficial peels although it is less lucky but it is still a common factor. Client’s might see peeling around the nose and chin area with in 1-2 days of having the peel, lasting up to 7-10 days.
Peeling can look like white flakes of skin lifting and it is highly important to never pick or pull any of these skin flacks off as this can lead to scaring.
To help with peeling I recommend using a very hydrating moisturiser and to be gentle when rubbing it in.
No, Rosacea is a very sensitive skin condition that can flare up very easily, by adding highly active chemicals we will irritated the skin and make the condition worse.
The best treatment for Rosacea is IPL Skin Treatments. This is even back up on the NHS Website. Take a look at my IPL Skin Page for more information.
However if you do have rosacea and you are looking to exfoliate the skin, I would recommend using products with (PHAs) as there a lot more gentle and will provide an exfoliation. (some client’s with Rosacea will not be able to tolerate any type of exfoliation)
One to one personal care – free car parking available – card or cash
© Copyright 2020 Georgia Rose – Advanced Skin, Laser & Beauty – All Rights Reserved – https://www.georgia-rose-beauty.co.uk/privacy-policy/ – https://www.georgia-rose-beauty.co.uk/website-disclaimer/ – https://www.georgia-rose-beauty.co.uk/terms-conditions/